A form is a list of inputs that allow you to collect certain data from the end user, such as their name, email, etc. This form can be used to create a support ticket, or add a user to your CRM, or even pre-populate a different form elsewhere.
There are two ways to add a Form action to your chatbot.
Let’s start with creating a form in the Conversation Flow editor.
- First, drag the form action underneath the correct branch in your conversation tree.
- Next, connect the prior node to your new form action.
- From here, click on Configure. Name your form and add the Form Fields that you want to collect from your user.
- Once your done, click Submit.
- Don’t forget to add a Submit Form node underneath your form, and connect!
The other place you can create a form is through the NLP section of the chatbot builder.
- Scroll down to the NLP section and expand the tabs. Click on Chatbot Actions.
- Next, Add New Action.
- Name your Action and select Action Type
- Add all of your desired fields and name them accordingly.
- Click Add Action, and you’re done!
The last thing would be to make sure this Action was connected to an intent by going back to the Intents section and making the connection there. Read how to do that here.
© 2021 Bavard AI, Inc. All rights reserved.